We have added 2 CUSTOM TIE DYED pocket crest vests to the store! Just £15 each with free postage. One MEDIUM, and one LARGE. Make it yours now before someone else does!
These are totally unique, and once they are gone, they are gone!!
So me and my friend Steve recently visited i43 as press for Gamebanana, and made a ‘Spakumentary’ video of our exploits there! Please watch and let us know what you think!
The inspiration for this post came from a friend of mine (on facebook, of all places). He stated that he was ‘suprised’ to see that a band had a Vinyl release of thier record, that included a code that you can use to download the same album onto a computer, and recieve it in digital MP3 format aswell. Vinyl does seem to have been making a comeback in recent times, reducing further the amount of CD sales, already heavily affected by the digitalisation of music.
Bill Daly, the owner of Crooked Beat, is part of the trend.
“Since 2007, vinyl has grown to where it is now, 99 percent of our sales,” Daly noted. “In 2007, when they started introducing new vinyl releases, a free MP3 download card with it, that is when the sales started surging.”(VOA News, 2011)
This just begs one question, is this a good thing? Admittedly it could be affecting piracy, as people are buying the vinyl record as a fashion statement, and aren’t happy with just the digital copy anymore. I’d love to hear you’r views on the topic, so please feel free to comment!
So I have decided to start keeping this blog more up to date. I will now start blogging my views and uploading more of my work. Thanks to everyone who comes to view my blog!
Degree of Rivalry
– Direct competition between Pixar / Dreamworks
– Themeparks etc
– Brand must always make animation – foundations
– Disneyland/world unique
– Most famous animation brand
– Exit barriers, cant leave a market without affecting other products
– Due to high prices charged on merchandise by Disney, suppliers up prices
– Lots of different revenue streams, high cost to switching suppliers
– High amount of merchandising
– Supplies to parks, tv, merchandise, shows etc
Threat of Substitutes
– Buyer has low differentiation between companies
– Buyers switching to Dreamworks
– Low threat from other film companies – always a market for animation
– TV Channels
Threat of new entrants
– 2 Huge superpowers in the market in Pixar and Dreamworks
– Costs a lot of money to create
– Disney Dominates the Market
– Disney TV
– Hugely established brand
– Lots of wings of the company, involved in lots of markets
– Lots of revenue
– Household Name
– Lots of Controversy